Does your club organise green lane trips, or would it like to? Maybe we can help!
Affiliate membership gives clubs access to Trailwise2 (Single user), currently the most comprehensive green lane route planning tool available, as well as to our network of area reps that cover the whole of England and Wales. Our area representatives really know their stuff when it comes to their counties and can help you with up to date knowledge on the ground before you venture out on your next trip.
Membership of the Green Lane Association is also about giving something back; your membership will help to financially support keeping the green lanes we enjoy open, not just for the present, but hopefully for future generations too.
Highlighting your affiliation with us and following the Green Lane Association Code of Conduct adds credence to your club, and shows that you are encouraging your members to be responsible drivers/riders who care about preserving the lanes that they use.
A list of clubs supporting us can be seen by clicking here
Other benefits of club membership include:
- See your club advertised on our website/social media accounts
- Free literature to hand out to your club members available on request
- Regular digital bulletins to keep you up to date with current news
- Two magazines per year packed with member’s stories and laning information
- Members’ website and forum to chat directly with our reps and members
- Trailwise2 (TW2) - The essential green lane route planning tool
- Access to area reps for route planning and advice
- Member discounts from selected suppliers to benefit your club
- Member of LARA (the Land Access and Recreation Association), with a voice at government level
- Legal challenges to lane closures
- Extensive knowledge base to call upon when you need it
A club membership provides one account for each club, including Trailwise 2 access for your Rights of Way Officer/Laning Leader. Logins must not be shared and the Green Lane Association suggests any active green laners within the club join as individuals. Please also note that supplier discount codes should not be shared with club members, they should be used to benefit the club.
Many of the larger clubs collect funds each time they have a green laning trip and then make donations to our Legal / Fighting Fund as they feel appropriate. There is a facility to do this online and 100% of these donations are used to preserve our green lanes for the future. https://www.glass-uk.org/support-us/make-a-donation.html
We also appreciate members visiting and ‘liking’ our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/GreenLaneAssociation and our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenLaneAssociation/videos. Sharing important messages from us ensures that they get as much coverage as possible so other laners can benefit, and educating the public is vital to ensuring those outside the 4x4 and trail riding community understand that what we do is legal, sustainable, and a legitimate hobby.